AYA Montessori is an early childhood development school. Our team is comprised of a passionate group of educators, administrators and technology experts who strive to bring high-quality education to promote social, emotional, physical, creative, spiritual and intellectual growth using state of the art educational tools and techniques.
We offer a collaborative and supportive work environment with a focus on innovation in Montessori education while accelerating our team’s professional growth.
Our school is expanding and accordingly, we are looking for a talented and experienced primary Montessori teacher (ages 3-5).
Primary Montessori Teacher
As a Lead Teacher you are expected to collaborate with the AYA team to establish and maintain a quality educational program, which follows the Montessori philosophy, pedagogy and education model, as well as AYA school’s standards and values. You will also provide an immersive educational journey for students by responding to individual needs and engaging with families.
We offer a collaborative and supportive work environment with focus on innovation in Montessori education while accelerating our team’s professional growth.
- Three-years of child development experience in an accredited Montessori School or equivalent years of higher education and related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development or an applicable field. Must meet MSDE requirements and regulations
- Current Montessori Teaching certifications
- Staying current on emerging technologies and educational tools and research.
- The ability to learn and adapt to new technological products
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation communication abilities
- Ability to envision and construct new activities to nurture students’ development
- Experience or eagerness to work in a diverse and international environment
- Current CPR and First Aid Training is a plus
- Medication Administration certification is a plus
AMI Primary Montessori training (or other approved Montessori training) (required)
- 9 hour Parent Communication (required but can be taken later)
- 3 hour ADA (required but can be taken later)
- 3 hour Health and Safety (required but can be taken later)
- A.A or B.S in Early Childhood Education /or/ B.S in other related fields (preferred)
- Proficiency in the English Language
- Proficiency in Arabic (preferred but not required)
General Requirements for all positions
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Firm understanding of child development and developmentally appropriate practices
- Experience using positive guidance and developing strategies to guide children’s behavior
- Understanding of Creative Curriculum and NAEYC Standards
- Ensure the learning environment is kept safe and clean
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Ability to go on long walks
- Ability to work cooperatively in team settings
- Ability to perform duties while sitting and or standing for a lengthy period of time to meet children's needs
- Observe and record children's growth, development and behavior using electronic portfolios
- Create open, positive partnerships with families
POLICY & PHILOSOPHY:
- Follows and support all Aya Montessori policies at all times, as exclaimed in the Staff parent Manual.
- Follows and supports the Aya Montessori Code of Conduct at all times. Reports violations, questions, or concerns about the code of conduct to the Executive Director
CURRICULUM & ASSESSMENT:
- Works as part of a team to create, develop, and implement developmentally appropriate care and education, including, but not limited to, establishing appropriate relationships and routines for activities such as meal time, nap time, and diapering / toileting.
- Work as part of a team to keep records such as: information about each child eating sleeping, and diapering; information about each child's development; curriculum planning, calendars, attendance, supply request, etc.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Considers the safety of Aya Montessori children the top priority at all times. Actively supervises children by sight and sound, constantly taking roll throughout the day, and maintaining communication with the Center in regard to the safety and needs of each child.
- Work as part of a team to provide to the development, health, welfare and safety of a group of children
- Becomes familiar, and shows understanding of, illness and exclusion criteria, health and safety policies and regulations
- Obtains and keeps currents first aid and CPR certifications
PROFESSIONALISM & DEVELOPMENT
- Participates in ongoing professional development
- Meet annual requirements for professional development.
- Models professionalism at all times, including, but not limited to: professional appearance, good attendance, adherence to policy, positive attitude, professional communications, thorough completion of assigned tasks, duties, and responsibilities, and commitment to professional growth and the field of early childhood education.
- Acts as a professional in the ways outlined in the AM code of Conduct and NAEYC Code of Ethics